Frequently Asked Questions About Tennis Holiday Camp
Welcome to Tennis Camp at Keirle Park. Below is some important information you need to know and may answer some commonly asked questions.
- We are located near the roundabout, near Harris Farm, Manly.
- Parking is available in the car park near the football field and skate park.
- Camp starts at 9am and runs until 3pm. We have before and after camp care included in the daily cost. Before camp care starts at 8am and after camp care runs until 6pm. We will have fun arcade games including Ping Pong, Foosball and Air Hockey to keep the kids entertained until they’re pick up.
- 9:00am – 12:30pm is structured coaching and the afternoon session now involves choosing from and extended range of sports including Tennis, Rugby, Basketball T-Ball, Soccer, AFL, Cricket, Hockey (plus swimming as an option in the January holidays).
- Ages: 5 (or at school) – 12 years of age. If your child is not old enough or if only wants to come for a half day camp check out our Super Kids multi-sports camp (superkidssports.com/holiday-camps). Recommended ages 3 – 8 yrs.
- Payment can be made online, over the phone by credit card or you can come by the centre to make the payment with cash or card.
- Please come inside the clubhouse each day to sign your child in. At the end of the day you will also be required present a 3 digit code to sign your child out from our care. This code will be emailed to you when you sign you child in so please check your junk and/or contact us if you do not receive the code. Payments must be made upfront to confirm your child’s place.
- If children are of roughly the same age and standard, they are welcome to be grouped with a friend. Groupings are done each day after all the children have arrived. The coach will ask if anyone is here with a friend when all the children are seated on the court, so please tell your child to let them know if they are with someone. Absolute beginners are more than welcome!
- Swimming is offered in the January camps. It is $10 per child per day. Payment for the pool also needs to be made upfront. Usually, about half of the children choose to stay at the centre and the other half go swimming. We only take children who can stand head above water in the 25m pool (that is the only pool they are allowed in). Due to council rules children must be 6 years or older and must also be confident swimmers. The kids change at the tennis centre and walk down between 12.30-1.30pm. All children must bring THONGS or SANDALS for the pool (shoes take too long to change in and out of).
- You will also need to bring a hat, morning tea, lunch and a water bottle. We have rackets to borrow at no extra charge but please bring your own if you have one – make sure your child’s name is clearly marked.
- We keep lost property for one month after camps, so if you have left something behind feel free to drop by or call the centre.
- Lunch is not required on The last day of each week as we will have a sausage sizzle. Please remember to pack recess or order a lunch pack for recess and if your child does not like sausage sandwiches Please follow the same guidelines you do for school lunches in regards to allergies (particularly nuts).
- If you need to change days, please let us know asap so we can organise the right number of staff for the day.
- Camps are still run in wet weather.
- We need 24 hour’s notice if you need to cancel. Cancellation before this time allows you to have a credit for what you have paid for.
We hope your children will have a great time at our camps and that this information has helped with any queries you may have had. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
The Team at Keirle Park Tennis Centre 🙂